Care and Feeding of the Endurance Horse
At the 2006 AERC 100-Mile Championship, photo by C. Mike Tomlinson, DVM
Worms and Deworming
- Endurance Horse Post-Ride Maladies, by Thomas R. Timmons, DVM
- Ileal Impaction: A Preventable Life-Threatening Condition from DVM, the Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine
- Colic and the Endurance Horse, Part 1, by James Bryant, DVM, Diplomate ACVS
- Colic and the Endurance Horse, Part 2, by Ann Stuart, DVM
- Post-Ride Colic in the Endurance Horse, by Melissa Ribley, DVM
Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
Vaccination and Disease
More . . .
- To find published studies from www.pubmed.gov -- a service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health, click on www.pubmed.gov and search PubMed for topics of interest, i.e., "equine endurance exercise," "equine training," "equine overtraining," etc. Try different keywords and you will find a wide variety of research studies.
- For a variety of articles from a cooperative partnership of more than 70 universities, click on www.extension.org.