On the cover: The winning entry in the Winter AERC Extra photo contest is this spectacular shot of Carol Bischoff of the Pacific Southwest Region and her Arabian gelding, Kenlyn Navigator. The pair completed 650 endurance and 295 LD miles together in 2011, including three days of LDs at the Moab Canyons Pioneer, pictured here. Photo © Karl Creations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endurance News is published monthly by the American Endurance Ride Conference. Endurance News is sent without charge to AERC members as a benefit of membership in AERC. Subscriptions are also available to non-members for $40 per year within the United States, $60 in Canada, and $80 for other countries. Single issues are $4.
Table of Contents
- Board of Directors and Committees
- President's Message: Volunteers are crucial to endurance, by Connie Caudill
- National Office News: February update, by Kathleen Henkel
- Vice President's Message: Ohmar: remembering a beloved horse, by Jan Stevens
- Ride Managers' Forum: Why I am a rider - and a ride manager, by Debbie Zanot
- Vet Forum: The Vet Check (feature), by Rob Lydon, DVM
- International News: What's new in International for 2012, by Michele Roush, DVM
- 2012 Scholarship program to award $1,000, from the Junior Committee
- Education Update: Doing downhill right for your equine, by Kay Lieberknecht, RM
- Trails Post: Ride manager survey: where we ride, by Michael Campbell
- End of the Trail
- Pheasants and Split Seconds, by Larissa Sprecher
- Imagine, by Chris Littlefield
- The Curse of the Love of the Equine, by Mary Sikes Fields
- So You Want to Be an Endurance Rider, by Randy Winter
- Frosty, the Endurance Horse, by "Frosty" (assisted by Chris Littlefield)
- Lucky, Loved, Lionhearted Luke, by Tom Hutchinson and Luke's Friends
- 5,000: Nancy Beacon's Traverston Cob Makes the Magic Number, by Robert Gielen
- Stupidity for Endurance Riders, by Angie McGhee
- Endurance/Life Lessons, by Aarene Storms
Articles without links are available only in Endurance News magazine.
AERC members get Endurance News delivered each month!
New members: join online by clicking here or phone the office toll-free, 866-271-2372.
Renewing? Click here, or give the office staff a call at 866-271-2372.
How far will you ride this year? Join AERC and we'll help you count the miles!
Endurance News is published monthly by American Endurance Ride Conference. Endurance News is sent without charge to AERC members as a benefit of membership in AERC. Subscriptions are also available to non-members for $40 per year within the United States, $60 in Canada, and $80 for other countries. Single issues are $4.