AERC Membership News
Benefits of Joining AERC
- Become part of an organization dedicated to the development, use and preservation of trails for horseback riding through individual participation, AERC's Trail Master program, and trails grants for projects which will benefit endurance trails
- Lifetime equine and rider mileage tracking to ensure accurate records of endurance and limit distance competition mileage
- Benefit from educational and research projects which encourage safety and enjoyment for equines and riders
- Annual national and regional award eligibility
- Eligibility for lifetime achievement awards such as the Decade Team and 100-mile Achievement Award
- Subscription to Endurance News, an informative monthly magazine featuring articles on endurance riding, an extensive ride calendar, ride results, and equine product advertisements
- Subscription to AERC Extra, the organization's quarterly online newsletter (for members with email addresses on file)
- Copy of AERC Rider Handbook
- Copy of AERC Rules and Regulations booklet
- Voting rights on member issues
- Annual membership directory (on request)
New Member Discount. Thanks to a donation by EasyCare Inc. (www.easycareinc.com), new members -- and those who last joined more than five years previous -- will receive a 15% discount on their membership dues. A new membership is $63.75, with additional family members 18 or older as of the start of the ride season (December 1) at $42.50. Additional youth members (17 or younger as of the start of the ride season (December 1) are $17, as are "non-riding" family members.
Dues. AERC memberships are $75 per year. The "additional family members" category is now split into 3 levels:
- Eacg additional adult family member (18 or older as of the first day of the ride season, December 1) is $50 per year
- Each additional youth family member (17 or younger as of the first day of the ride season, December 1) is $20
- Each additional non-riding family member is $20 per year. If the non-riding family member chooses to enter a ride, he/she must pay the day member fee of $15 per ride, or phone the office to upgrade membership for $30.
Gold membership (U.S. members only). For an additional $20 for individual (one adult and non-adult children) or $40 for two adults (and non-adult children) AERC members can add $1 million personal excess liability coverage through Equisure. For more information about this membership level, contact Equisure at 800-752-2472.
As always, if you have any questions, please phone the AERC office: 866-271-2372.
You can join or renew your AERC membership by calling the office toll-free at 866-271-2372. Other options:
Printable membership form to use if you'd like to join or renew by mail or fax.
Online renewal form for AERC membership renewal.
Online new membership to for first-time AERC members to join online.
Membership Dates and Deadlines
December 1: New AERC ride season begins/membership renewal due
February 1: Last date for membership renewal to include mile/points from the first of the ride season ("grace period") and to continue receiving Endurance News
February/March: AERC convention. For information about the upcoming AERC convention, visit the AERC convention page.
June 1: Last date to change weight division or region for the current ride season
August 1: Hall of Fame and Pard'ners Award nominations are due to the AERC vice president
September 30: Nominations (and $5 filing fee) are due to the AERC office for Regional Director (odd-numbered years)/Director-at-Large (even-numbered years)
Early November: Director ballots mailed out to the membership
November 30: Director ballots are due back to the official counting agency
November 30: End of the AERC ride season
AERC Schedule of Fees
AERC's membership year runs from December 1 through November 30
- Membership (single) $75
- Each additional riding family member $50
- Each additional youth family member $20
- Each additional non-riding family member $20
- Youth-only membership (under 17 years old as of the start of the ride year, December 1) $40
- Aditional charge for Canadian members $20
- Additional charge for other countries $40
- AERC International membership $10
- Vet/Control Judge membership $40 (includes EN subscription and control judge privileges only)
- Gold membership $20 individual, $40 family
- Subscription only (12 months of EN) $40
- Equine registration $15
- Ride sanction fee $25
- Each additional distance/same day $10
- $5 per starting rider plus the $3 drug fee (except CA) for a total of $8 per rider in each ride
- Day member (one-day ride privilege for non-AERC members) $15
- Director nomination $5
- Protest filing $150
- Returned check charge $25
You are welcome to phone the office to register an equine with AERC's equine mileage program. (Your first equine registration is free; any other equine registrations are $15, and include lifetime mileage tracking.) AERC's toll-free number is 866-271-2372. Other options:
Printable equine registration form.
Online form to register your horse for the mileage program online.
For additional membership information, please email the AERC office or call 866-271-2372, 8-4 Pacific Time.
AERC Membership Login
The advantages of activating your AERC membership account include:
- Access to the most current information on file for you and your horses
- Print out the current AERC history records on you and your horses
- Access to the up-to-date AERC member directory
For Ride Managers:
- Online ride sanctioning
- Verify and get addresses for ride entry mailings in your area
- List of control judges/vets in your area
- Verify AERC membership is current for riders entered in your ride